Ingredients (& Shopping List):
- 1 Zucchini, spiralized or julienned
- splash of olive oil
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- half a can of black olives, sliced
- 2 tsp capers
- 1/4 tsp dried (or fresh) Oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried (or fresh) Basil
- red pepper flakes
- sprinkle of vegan cheese
1. Heat olive oil (about 1 tbsp) in skillet over medium high heat. When it’s shimmering, add your onion and sautee for three to five minutes until it’s translucent and starting to brown.
2. Add your garlic. Continue to sautee for another minute or two. Toss in your diced tomatoes, olives, and capers and let cook for three minutes or until it starts to cook down. Add your herbs and a dash of salt and pepper. Cook for three to five minutes until it gets to the consistency you like.
3. Add your zucchini and cook for two or three minutes.
I was really craving pasta tonight. But sometimes I just have pasta with olive oil and garlic. Fortunately I met up with a friend in the grocery store and she talked me into spiralized zucchini. Smart. And tasty. Thanks for that Ashley.
Now here’s the rub. I just tried things. I wasn’t sure where I was going and honestly I just wanted to get something made so I could eat. So you know those pictures I usually post? I didn’t take any. But here’s one:
I typically don’t like sauces that are too liquidy and this one was fairly thick which was nice.
I honestly don’t have much more to say. Give it a shot for me and let me know what you think! Do you have another spiralizing recipe? I got it for my birthday and am excited to try some new things!
I made it again. Here’re some photos!